Saturday 20 December 2014

Review - (Hibiki-an) Kuradashi Matcha Pinnacle



Kuradashi Matcha Pinnacle



I was very impressed with how this matcha was packed. It came in golden box as you can see, and in a sealed tin with a tight rubber lid to close the tin after you unsealed the tin. It came with a silica gel packet which to help keep the moisture away. I have a very high expectation for this matcha.


Here came the most anticipated day to drink this matcha. As I poured the hot water into the bowl with the matcha powder in it, I smelled unusual aroma. Then when I tasted it I was shocked! What was that?! it tasted...unpleasant. I felt icky after I drank it.  I could not described it but it was nothing like matcha!

Anyhow, I gave it another try on the next day and that unpleasant taste has gone and it tasted more like how I know matcha should taste. I didn't taste any sweetness  as it claimed it has, which what I was looking for. It also had no astringent taste.  What I appreciate from this matcha was that it did not have bitter taste at all and yes, I've also tried it as koicha and it's fine. Will I be purchasing this type again? no, I won't. It's not worth the money. I prefer Matcha Premium, Matcha Superior and House Matcha to this. Perhaps I don't have that kind of sophisticated taste buds or that I happened to get a bad batch :)



No comments:

Post a Comment