Saturday 25 October 2014

Review - Soup Nutsy



I felt chilly yesterday and I thought to myself let me get something to warm me up. So I rememberd I've seen people lining up in front of this soup shop and I've never tried it until yesterday. My hesitation was always been what ingredients they'd used in the soup. Because I know nowadays people put bacon in everything. Yes, I don't eat any by product of pig or anything falls under "Unclean Meat/ Food".

I looked at the menu on the wall and they have this section that said VEGAN. Awesome! So I asked the guy if there is mushroom in the soup Vegetables Beans with Quinoa & Kale and he confirmed it with a No. So I bought the soup in medium size, picked up the two free sides (corn bread & orange) and paid about $9 -ish.

I went back o the office, open the lid and there it was...a black strand of hair curled up like a loop on the surface of the soup.I pulled it out....still pulling....that was quite a long hair.

This going to be gross, I know. But I was thinking, the soup was piping hot. Surely any germs from the hair was killed. So, I took a spoon of soup, and burned my tongue (that was my fault). The taste was tasteless. I took a bit of the corn bread, it was dry, tasteless and hard. Second spoon, then third spoon...by about the fourth spoon, I can see a thin, brown colored slice of something. I inspected it and concluded that it was mushroom! I can understand people make mistake. But twice in the same dish, that showed me how careless they were. You see, when I went there it was pretty early like 11am. When I went to the cashier, there were prepping the vegetables without hair net. I raised my case. I will not be returning to the establishment any more no matter which branch.




No comments:

Post a Comment