Saturday 27 December 2014

Recipe - Curry Leaves Powder

I appreciate simple things. Even with food. A friend of mine introduced me to this wonderful powder which I can just mix with steamed rice and sesame oil, and eat it. Taste so delicious, not to mention it is healthy and I can get my protein too without eating meat. It's an awesome travelling companion because shelf life is a month and no need of refrigeration. It's very handy for my husband and I who observe dietary commandment.

My friend called it Curry Leaves Powder. The recipe is as follow:

Curry leaves
Chilli to taste
Black pepper to taste
Urad dhal
Toor dhal
Salt

Fry the above in a little oil. Once charred, grind it until powdered. Keep in an air tight jar/ container.

Below is the picture of the powder which my friend generously shared to me. Look at that vibrant green colour! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment