Saturday 27 December 2014

Royal Dansk Danish butter cookies - blast from the past!

Few weeks ago I was suddenly thinking of butter cookies I used to eat when I was at my early teens. The cookies came in a blue coloured round shape tin. It had small paper cups in it with each cup had about 3 to 4 cookies. Taste was nothing amazing, but it was tasty. After the thought of it, I found myself in a quest to find it :P So, I did found it at one of the local supermarket (Fresh Co.) thankfully it was the holiday seasons so it was available. It was not the same brand that I used to it, nor the taste was as good as I rememberred. But at least I found it.



Then one afternoon we went to an Afghani restaurant, located not far from it was a supermarket which sell lots of European items, Kosher items and freshly baked Challah bread. Supermarket is called Highland Farms. As we walked in the door, there were shelves of chocolates and biscuits displayed everywhere. As I walked around the shelf, there it was....the Royal Dansk Danish butter cookies I knew! What a blast from the past! :D And yes, it tasted exatly how I always knew and liked it. Too bad Highland farms didn't carry the bigger tin which has the cookie with raisins but, hey, I didn't complain. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment