Saturday 27 December 2014

Review - Moxie's Grill & Bar

I finally went to Moxie's. I like the look of the restaurant. The one I went to has family dining area, and a bar section area which has the sitting by the booth. The booth sitted area were not your normal kind. The seat was higher than usual but it has a foot rest by the leg of the table. This height made us the same height as poeple who actually sat at the bar stool by the bar. Genius!!


I browsed at their menu...not impressive. I prefer Kelsey's or Boston Pizza. Most of the dishes eaither have mushroom or bacon or just sounded boring. I finally settled on fish tacos (Haddock) with sweet potatoe fries (extra charge) and Montreal smoked meat sandwich (Reuben sandwich).

From score 1 to 5 and 5 being excellent, the fish tacos was 2.5 and  the Montreal smoked meat sandwich was 4.

There was a slight bitterness from the fish tacos which I didn't know where it came from. The fish was not tasty, and there was a hint of fishy taste. What helped was the jalapeno and the sauce that came with its version of tartar sauce (pinkish colour).
 
On the other hand, the smoked Montreal sandwich was tasty and generous! I tried reuben sandwich from Caplansky's food truck which was oh so dissapointing, even it was my first time I had a Reuben sandwich and Caplansky's was known for it's Reuben sandwich, Moxie's was better by far.

I will come again for the Montreal smoked meat sandwich and the nice service. Both dishes price at $15 each before tax.



No comments:

Post a Comment