Saturday 27 December 2014

Review - Qoola (Frozen yogurt)

The first frozen yogurt "ice cream" I tried from a stall (not the one you can buy in a tub at a supermarket) was Yogen Fruz, which I think was the first of it's kind. Then, I tried Pinkberry in MOE (Dubai) and Tutti Frutti in Ibn Battutta mall (Dubai). The recent new frozen yogurt shop I encountered was Qoola.

The difference between Qoola and the other two shops I've mentioned was that it's a self service from the time you pull down that lever of the ice cream machine, to put as much yogurt as you'd like to the paper cup, to the varities of toppings which you can put on top of your piling up yogurt, including three types of popping boba, which was like little tapioca pearls but instead of the texture being chewy, it bursts as soon as you bite into it! Too bad that the shell/ lining was made out of seaweed (I assume agar agar), because I don't eat seaweed. Taste of the yogurt was similar if it's not the same with the rest of its competitors. However, Qoola offers more varities especially the fruity flavoured yogurt.

I contacted Qoola Management and asked if the yogurt contains carrageenan (by product of seaweed) or cream (which contains carrageenan), and he confirmed that some of the non-organic yogurt contains carrageenan but non of their product contains cream. This is good news for me & my husband!

The picture shown here was a mixed of passion fruit and peach yogurt with popping boba (strawberry, lychee & mango). This was before I knew it used agar agar to made the popping boba :(

Below is an example of popping boba ingredients with passion fruit flavoring which I got from here.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment