Saturday 27 December 2014

Review - Aussie meat pies (Kanga)

I love meat pies! Who doesn't? Well, I know one Aussie lady who doesn't eat meat pie and she even said she may be the only Aussie who does not eat it.

One day returning from my trip from a Japanese supermarket, I saw this pop up sign for Aussie meat pies. I followed the sign and it lead me to a shop where it used to be a sandwich shop. I was excited and reluctant at the same time but I thought, let's give it a go.

Walked in to the shop, asked couple of questions about whether they put mushroom or bacon in the pies. Turned out they don't put both in their traditional Aussie meat pies. Yaaayyy!!

I looked at the pies which were displayed in a heated-see-through glass shelf and looked up the price on the wall...hhhmm...a bit pricey...$6.95 excluding tax for a small size of pie. But I ordered one anyway just to try.

I tasted it and I was let down. It was not as tasty as I'd remember the taste of meat pies I had in Australia. Tasted kind of flat/ bland. I guess when ever I crave for a meat pie, at least I know where to get  it :)

Thank you anyway, Kanga!



No comments:

Post a Comment