Sunday 21 December 2014

Review - FUNE (Japanese restaurant)



Located at the entertainment district in down town Toronto, Fune - a nice Japanese restaurant, with sushi/ sashimi bars that has floating boat on water instead of conventional conveyer belt to display varieties of sushi and sashimi. 



Since I don't eat sushi anymore because of the seaweed/ kombu, I only tried their sake sashimi which was super fresh. I've tried two of their entrees options; Sirloin ($10++) , Ribeye ($11++) & Salmon ($11++) which served with rice, miso soup and salad plus sauted vegetables which consist of zucchini, carrot, bell pepper & mushroom. Of course I asked the chef to remove the mushroom - I don't eat it. Complimentary Japanese tea is also served as in all Japanese restaurant. 


Char-broiled new york cut striploin w/ garlic butter & soya sauce
Char-broiled juicy ribeye steak glazed w/ teriyaki sauce and mustard with wasabi dip on the side

I enjoyed the tasty food, although slightly on the saltier side for the teriyaki sauce for my liking. I liked the restaurant ambiance, the professional, friendly and swift service. It gets VERY busy and noisy around the rush lunch hour, but that is to be expected. Make sure to make a reservation a head of time or come early. Price for lunch menu to me is very reasonable. I always left teh restaurant satisfied. This place definitely has become one of my favorite restaurants to go to if I'm in downtown Toronto. Highly recommended.

Updated December 23, 2014

The following dishes were not good. Beef gyoza was tasteless and Salmon was overcooked and a tad over salted.



No comments:

Post a Comment